Cables in the offshore industry
The offshore industry places extremely high demands on offshore cables. Offshore cables need to be of very high performance while simultaneously facing harsh environments and aggressive chemicals.
Because of the harsh conditions within the industry, some cables are required to be flame retardant, fire resistant, mud resistant, halogen-free, oil resistant and low on smoke emission. Therefore, the cables need to have a high and reliable performance when exposed to extreme heat or hot oil.
In this eBook you will find the following content:
- Development of the offshore cable standard.
- International offshore cable standards.
- Types of offshore cables.
- Offshore cable properties.
- Type approvals for offshore cables.
- Types of applications for offshore cables.